Now I’m not the type of person that loves cooking, in fact I like things as easy as possible. As I’m trying my hardest to turn over a new leaf, a few nights ago I decided to make a soup with some left over peppers, something easy to take for lunch. The soup tasted delicious and as a bonus it’s gluten free too. I decided to share my super simple recipe, it’s nothing fancy but if you like sweet peppers then this is a fabulous winter warmer.
All my ingredients were from local supermarkets and things you will probably will already have in your cupboard. This recipe is also a great base for your own twist especially if you like something with a bit more kick add some paprika or slightly creamier, try adding cream. Take a look at my simple gluten free mixed sweet pepper soup recipe and let me know what you think.
Serves approx 4
Prep time: 30 mins, Cooking time 30 mins
– Bag of mixed sweet peppers (the more the merrier)
– 750ml water
– 1 x Chicken stock ( I used Knorr, it’s gluten free)
– 1 x Onion
– Dash of oil (I used rice bran oil)
1. First cut peppers and onion into small pieces and heat a saucepan with approx 1 tablespoon of oil, heat for 5-10 minutes or until tender.
2. Add 750ml of water with chicken stock diluted to saucepan. Dependant on personal choice, add paprika for a little extra kick.
3. Simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Pop soup in a blender or use a hand mixer and blend to a smooth texture.
5. Dependant on personal preference add cream for creamier texture or like me serve straight from the blender.
This is a super simple recipe to recreate at home, it’s healthy and is great for lunch. I’m not the best cook but I was surprised at how great this tasted without the need for extra flavouring. It’s a light, sweet tasty snack, perfect to warm you up on these cold winter days.
Let me know if you try out this super easy recipe, would love to know what you think.